Frequently Asked Questions

We hope the FAQs have answered your Questions. When you’re ready, complete the form to start your claim.

Home » What you should do once the abuse or assault has been reported to the police?

What you should do once the abuse or assault has been reported to the police?

It is essential that you co-operate as much as possible with the police and their investigations.  This could include the need to make a formal statement and in some circumstances attending court. For some it can be extremely difficult to recall and talk about the abuse or assault but the more details that can be provided will generally help your case and aid in making a compensation claim.

If you refuse to make a statement, or withdraw one, the criminal injuries compensation authority (CICA) are unlikely to award any compensation, as they require that you are the blameless victim of the crime and that you fully co-operate with the Police. If you do not fulfill these criteria they usually refuse to compensate you even if you have been seriously assaulted.

Discuss your case

Find out more about making a claim

We offer a no win no fee claims service. Contact us now under no obligation to find out more about making a CICA claim.

We have a Criminal Injuries Compensation Calculator which can calculate how much entitlement you could claim based on the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority’s tariff.

Contact Us

Please send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Not readable? Change text. captcha txt

Start typing and press Enter to search