Broken Jaw - claim compensation from the CICA Skip to main content

How can I receive CICA compensation for a broken jaw?

Skull anatomy

skull anatomy

A broken jaw can occur as the result of a violent assault. This is usually from a punch or blow with a heavy or sharp object. The Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority, pays compensation to blameless victims of crime.

Breaks can occur to the mandible, which is the lower jaw bone. The maxilla which is the upper jaw bone.

If you have suffered a broken jaw as the result of an assault call 0330 300 5000 to see if you could claim compensation

How much compensation can I receive for a fracture to my jaw?

The Criminal Injuries Compensation scheme 2012 sets out a list of injuries such as broken jaw, with specific amounts of compensation for each one. It is called a tariff list, and has about 400 different injuries caused by assaults listed.

Each type of injury, e.g. fracture to mandible or maxilla not only has a specific level of compensation for the injury, it also has different amounts of compensation for the recovery from the injury. Injuries that cause permanent damage will usually pay more compensation, even where the original injury might be considered more minor.

Is it possible to calculate the exact amount of compensation I should receive?

Yes it is, and we have created a specific CICA compensation calculator for jaw injuries. Fractured jaw includes mandible injuries and maxilla injuries.

Can I bring the claim for compensation myself?

If you are feeling confident you may wish to bring your claim yourself. We’ve tried to help by showing you how much compensation we think you will receive.

Can you act for me to bring my claim?

We would be delighted to do this, on a No Win No Fee basis. This means you pay nothing unless you are successful. We believe we know what it takes to make sure you are successful in your claim. Whilst it is straightforward to see how much compensation you are entitled to, it is harder to make the CICA pay out the compensation.

Call 0330 300 5000 to discus making a criminal injuries claim

Why don’t they just pay out once an application is made?

The Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority is a government organisation that is funded by the taxpayer. As with most departments that cost money, the government in their drive for austerity are looking at ways to reduce the amount it costs. This means they are making it harder than ever to obtain the compensation you deserve. We have been obtaining compensation for victims of crime, suffering injuries such as broken hands, for over 20 years and have a very good record in obtaining the maximum compensation in the shortest amount of time. We believe we make a genuine difference.